CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break 2009

Hello Everyone,

I know its been a while since I written anything but I've been really busy. So last week was our spring break and we had an awesome time. We started off our week by going to Kailua Beach on Sunday. We walked all along the beach and on some rocks which we hadn't done before but it was a lot of fun. Well I made the mistake of not wearing sunscreen and my shoulders got a little burnt. We were looking at the sea anemones. There's a picture of one below.
On Monday we went to Ala Moana Center to shop around and hang out before we had to go to the airport to get Alex's friend, Sara. I got my haircut and it turned out much better than the last time I got it cut. Here's some pics from that day.

Alex was super excited that Sara was coming plus all the fun stuff we had planned for the week. On Tuesday we started the fun off with a day in Waikiki. We went to Diamond Head which was the first time I had been there. It was a lot of fun. Then we walked along the beach and went to Puka Dog for lunch. Here's pics from Diamond Head.

On Wednesday we went to Pearl Harbor to the USS Arizona. Then we walked across the street to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium. We also made another trip to Target because Sara works at Target back in California and she wanted to check it out. It was very sunny and we got burnt or at least I did again. Except this time it was just my face. On Thursday it was Kuhio Day and we went to Hanauma Bay. Well it was pretty windy and it was very cloudy in the water so we only made one trip around the keyhole and I decided to leave. We went to Waimanalo Beach to hang out. It was also windy there. Jon, Tami, Alex, and Sara were the only ones that got in the water there. It was really rough or at least that's what they told me. We then got on a bus and went to Ala Moana to go to Zippy's. On Friday we got up super early at 5 am so we could be the first ones at Waimea Falls. Well we ended up getting there an hour before the park officially opened so we sat and watched the peacocks and ate breakfast. It took us about an hour to get to the falls but we weren't really in any rush to get there. Jon, Tami, Addison, and Sara went to swim by the falls which they all went under at one point. After they were done swimming we made our way back to the bus. We went to Haleiwa to eat Matsumoto's and then we went to Laniakea Beach. After that we made our way to Giovanni's for dinner and then back to school. Here are pictures from our day on the North Shore.

Well I'm going to write another blog about Alex's birthday which was Saturday. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses. :) Jessica

2 comments:

Mom said...

Nice view of Honolulu from Diamond Head. Glad you enjoyed your break. Love Mom

Mom said...

I went back and looked at your other new haircut picture. I can tell you liked this one much better and so do I. Love Mom