CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Snorkeling with Tami

Hi,
Tami and I decided to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. It was a very relaxing day in the water. At Hanauma Bay there's a thing called the keyhole which is where we go around because then we avoid going over the coral. I get a little nervous going over the coral because we're not supposed to touch it and you get really close to it sometimes with the water. But going around the keyhole we don't have any problems seeing enough fish and we can avoid accidently touching the coral. Usually we go in just once and go around a few times and then get out and leave but today we went in 3 different times. It was a really good day for both of us since Thanksgiving wasn't exactly what we had hoped for. It was a much needed break before the last 3 weeks of the semester. I hope you enjoy the pictures. :)

Tami and I were super excited when we got on the bus. The Arizona State Women's Basketball team ended up getting on the bus with us to go to Hanauma Bay so we were talking to some of them. They're here for a basketball tournament at UH.

We saw lots of big fish. Bigger than we've ever seen any other time we've been there. Here's a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a. Just keep scrolling down to see more fish. I so love having an underwater digital camera. I took 195 pictures today.


This is by far my favorite fish because its so colorful. Its a parrot fish.

This guy got really close to me. In fact lots of fish were getting really close.

Ok so there is a fish in this picture. He's right in the middle of the rock in the middle of the picture. We had never seen this kind of fish before and he was just sitting there so we of course took some pictures.

We got to swim with a couple sea turtles today. It was so cool because the turtles were there in the same spot each time we went out. Needless to say I'm pretty sure the majority of the pictures I took were of the turtles.








Well I didn't make it through the day without getting hurt. Today I was slightly braver than the other times that we've gone to Hanauma Bay and we swam over the coral. The one time I got a little freaked out because the water level went down and we were really close to the coral. I got myself turned around just fine to head out of the coral but in the process of leaving that area I hit the coral and got a little scraped up. The salt water is a really good cleanser for wounds but I did put Neosporin on it just to be safe. ;) I'll put some videos up on another blog. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses.

2 comments:

mom said...

Nice pictures of the turtles and fish. just to let you know the parrot fish picture is blank.
Love Mom

mom said...

Now the parrot fish picture is there. Don't know why it wasn't the first time.
Mom