CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lots of Cookies!!!!

Hello,
So I decided back in September that I was going to make sugar cookies for Halloween. The Monday before Halloween and right after my first onsite clinical I took over the kitchen and made 10 dozen sugar cookies. It was a few more than I planned to make and I still had left over dough that I froze so I can make cookies for Thanksgiving. Enjoy the pictures of my day of baking.
My spot for rolling and cutting the cookies.

Alex came home while I was in the middle of baking so she was taking pictures.
While the cookies were cooling I mixed the colors in the frosting.
I took over the table to frost the cookies. I had 4 different cookie cutters so I had 30 cookies of each shape.
Here's the view from the other side of the table.
I did the base layer of frosting on the cookies before we ate dinner.
While Tami and Alex had some fun with the frosting.
Alex decorated 3 cats.
But when it got to the fine details I had to put my headphones in to block out their silliness so I wouldn't screw up. I was serious about my cookies.
Here's some of the pumpkins and cats before the details.
Here's cats and ghosts after details were added.
The happy pumpkins.
The finished bats and some more cats.
More pumpkins and ghosts. I took some of the cookies to work for our Halloween potluck on the Friday before Halloween. Making all these cookies was a much needed stress reliever for myself. I had a lot of fun plus everyone loved them. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses. :) Jessica

1 comments:

mom said...

Yum Yum Yum, that's a lot of cookies!
Love Mom