CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Spending the Holidays in Paradise

Hey Everybody,

I'm keeping myself busy over the holidays in order to not miss home so much. We had class on the 22nd but convinced our professor to let us have Christmas eve off. I decided to take the week off from work so I could get a break too. I hung out in my room Christmas eve and Christmas day and I got to talk to some people on the webcam which was awesome. I had a Christmas movie marathon which was quite fun. I ate spagetti and meatballs for my Christmas dinner which was definitely strange for me. Here's a picture of my little Christmas tree with presents and cards.

The day after Christmas I had planned to go see a movie in Kaneohe at the mall. When I got to the mall I decided to go check out the deals at my favorite store here, The Seasonal Store & More, they were having a 50% off the entire store sale. So I went in and found some really good deals including some New Year's decorations. I went to see Marley & Me and it's a tear jerker for sure but it's also really funny. When I got back from the movie I decided to take a shower and when I got out the lights flickered a little bit and I just thought to myself that the lights were going to go out. And guess what a 1/2 an hour later the power was off. I texted my friend, Alex, who lives in California and she told me that the power was off around the whole island. I guess what happened it that lightening hit the 4 generators that power the electricity for the whole island and that's why the power went out. I watched movies on my computer until the battery was low and then I read my book. The first time I woke up on Saturday morning the power still wasn't back on but by the time I woke up the second time it was back on. I just lounged around all day on Saturday since some places didn't get their power back on until later that afternoon. I also took down all of my Christmas decorations and put up my New Year's decorations. On Sunday morning I went to Walmart to get some things. Then I worked on homework for my class. I had class today, Wednesday, and Friday of this week. I'm planning to go to the beach tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and an even better New Year. I was missing you all like crazy. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses. Jessica :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year in Hawaiian) Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Fred & Shirley also had seen Marley and Me and they both thought it was a good movie. Fred said it was really funny.
Beeen busy so did not get to read this weeks blog till now.
Miss you too. Grnadma Lori