CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay Again

Hey Everybody,

On December 7th we decided to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay again. We wanted to do something relaxing before we had to deal with finals week. After brunch we made our way to the bus stop and made the journey to Hanauma Bay. The most exciting moment of the day was when Tami heard someone say that there was a turtle over by one part of the reef that wasn't far from us so we decided to go over and check it out. Sure enough there was a turtle feeding on the algae on the coral. I got 2 pictures of the turtle. I also took some pretty cool pictures of some other fish.

The turtle is in the middle on the bottom of this picture. It was so cool to see one in the water. We can't wait to go snorkel with them at Lanikea Beach in the spring after the waves die down.

There were a lot of fish out when we were there. Definitely more than the last time we were there.

In this picture there is a slug. Its in the niddle to the left side. It's yellowish with white stripes across it's body.

Again you can see that there were a lot of fish around the keyhole which is where we snorkel since if we have to stop there is always sand to step on. And we're not quite comfortable snorkeling over the reef for long periods of time.

This is me with my snorkel gear on doing the shaka a.k.a. hang loose sign.

Here's a picture of the funky, cool coral that's all over the keyhole.

These fish were playing tag in the water.

I saw this fish the last time we were here but I had already taken all my pictures so I didn't get a picture but I saw another one when we went to look at the turtle. It's bright pink, blue, and green. Its totally my kind of fish.

This fish was huge and swimming right next to us so I had to get a picture.

The fish in the front was cool but weird looking at the same time so I had to get a picture. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses. Jessica :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice way to relax before finals!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

So neat that they have those underwater cameras now.
Looks like a good way to relax and have some fun.
Mele Kalikimaha
Grandma Lori