CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Rainy Weekend on Oahu

Hey Everybody,
So this past weekend it rained all over the island. We decided to go down to Waikiki on Saturday and walk around. We walked down on the beach and that was the first time I had been to Waikiki Beach since the last time I was here. I had my picture taken in front of the Duke statue. When we were walking out to an observation dock we saw an Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (Hawaii's state fish). We then went to Walmart were my friend, Tami, and I got snorkeling gear so we can go snorkeling this weekend. On Sunday we were hoping to go to Waimanalo Beach again but it was raining like crazy. We decided to get on the bus and head towards North Shore in hopes of finding a sunny beach. We ending up going to Matsumoto's Shave Ice and walking around the market place in Haleiwa. I had a strawberry, green apple, and banana flavored shave ice. We actually went the entire way around the island. It's pretty boring after Haleiwa because there's not much to look at. Here's some pictures of my rainy weekend on Oahu.
We ate at Puka Dog(Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs) for lunch as soon as we got to Waikiki.

This is the waterfall and sign at the front of the International Market Place.

This is me in front of the Duke statue at Waikiki Beach.

Here's the shoreline off Waikiki.

This is the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a that we saw at Waikiki. It's right in the middle of the picture and it's black, white, and yellow.

This is a collection of little shops in Waikiki.

This is a picture of the market in Haleiwa.

That's all for this blog. I'll write as soon as I get my pictures from snorkeling from this week. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses. Jessica :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a rainy day it still looks great.
Love Mom