CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Waimanalo Beach

My friends and I decided to go to a new beach that none of us had been to before. We went to Waimanalo Beach which was about 45 mintues away from campus on the Bus. It was beautiful there and there were not a lot of people which was also nice. Luckily they had not spotted any jellyfish so we could go have a good time in the water. After hanging out in the water we got out and layed out in the sun. Then we decided to walk down the beach where we got to see a Portugese Man-of-War jellyfish that was dead on the beach. The windward side of the island is notorious for jellyfish because the wind and the current bring the jellies closer to the shore. The Portugese Man-of-Wars are not deadly but the Box Jellyfish can be. The Box jellies only come close to shore 8-10 days after the full moon. There were also lots of little crabs all over the beach. We sat on our towels and watched them come out of their holes removing sand. There were funny to watch. We then caught the Bus back to campus and had dinner out on the lanai so we wouldn't freeze in the Dining Commons. It was so nice to go to the beach and relax after having midterms this week and last week. Below are pictures from my day at Waimanalo Beach.

This is me as soon as we got to the beach.


I really do love it here.
There is a crab in the middle of this picture. He kind of blends into the sand but he's there. Below is the picture of the crab that Alex caught. It's at the bottom of the clump of sand where her hands meet.


Here's a picture of the jellyfish we saw on the beach. They're pretty small.



The last picture is of the shoreline. It's so beautiful. It's alright to be jealous of me because sometimes I can't believe I live here. Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses. Jessica:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the written comment in the sand!!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica-
My name is Jane and I’m with Dwellable. I’d love to have this post featured on our site...Shoot me an email if you’re open to it and I can fill you in a little more.
jane (at) dwellable (dot) com
Really hope to hear from you,
Jane