CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day 2011

Hello All,
Hope you had a great Independence Day.  Tami and I started off our celebration on the 3rd at Aloha Tower.  They had their annual kick-off to 4th of July with fireworks that night.

This was the only picture I took from that night because there were just too many people standing in front of us.  The next morning we went to Kailua to the 65th Annual Independence Day Parade.  Enjoy my favorite pictures from the parade.
 The theme for this year's parade was "Of Thee I Sing."
 One of many Uncle Sams in the parade.

 Love the horses from the ranches on North Shore.
 The guys leading the Free Masons.
 We sat next to this lady that had set up all these chairs and flags and banners.  It seriously looked like 4th of July threw up on her and her yard.  Don't get me wrong I like to decorate for holidays but she went waaaaay overboard.  She happens to be the woman standing up in the right of this picture.  Plus she had over 10 chairs set up for people to sit on but there ended up only being about 4 people sitting with her.  She took up much more room than she needed.
 Its the Geico Gecko.
 The Segway peeps rode back and forth several times before the parade.
This was the Gorilla Uncle Sam.  I loved his sign "Don't tell the Zookeeper"  After the parade we went back to the apartment and ate lunch.  Then we went down to the pool for a little while.  Later that afternoon we made our way to Ala Moana.  We got dinner from the food court and headed over to the beach park across the road.
 I took some pictures of the full beach park.  All the grass area behind the beach was covered with tents and people cooking out.  Everything smelled so good as we made our way to the beach.  The beach was pretty full a few hours before the fireworks but it got even more full.

 Its kind of hard to see but the beach was even more full in these pictures and we still had over an hour before the show began.
 Before the show at Ala Moana started we could see the fireworks from Schofield and then from Pearl Harbor.  The last 2 years I sat up on the parking ramp at Ala Moana Center so I didn't ever see any other fireworks besides the ones at Ala Moana.  Enjoy the pictures of fireworks I took.



 This is my favorite picture of a firework this year.  Just SMILE!!!!!!


Hope you enjoyed my pictures from my last Independence Day in Hawaii.  It was a pretty great day.  
Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses.  :) Jessica

1 comments:

mom said...

LMAO about the 4th of July throwing up on her lawn!!!!
Love Mom