CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Laura & Drew's Wedding

 Hello All,
On June 10th I had the privilege of attending my friend's wedding at Hickam Air Force Base.  I have had several classes and clinicals with Laura so I was super excited when she invited me to come.  She told me to get there early so I could get on base and so I had plenty of time to get to the Hickam Officer's Club where the ceremony and reception were held.  I got there as they were finishing up pictures and I was able to take some pictures of the reception lanai.  Here are the pictures from that night....Enjoy!!

This was the reception area.  It was all open and we could watch the sunset.  It was definitely beautiful.
 They had a vintage, outdoorsy style for their wedding.  Also another note they made a lot of the decor.  All the tables had these old books and each one had different vases that held the branches they got from the park.  They had candle votives hanging from the branches.  The candles were all the battery operated kind because with the wind there was no way they would have stayed lit.  They made the bouquets and boutonnieres out of paper flowers.  They looked amazing.  Then I found out later that the boutonnieres with made from newspaper and it was actually the groom, Drew, who folded all of the flowers.
 This was their table of favors.  The favors were a bag of granola.
 This was the table to the left when you walked in the reception area.  They painted the window panes with their initials and the date.  The tree was their "Wish Tree."  They had each of the guests write a wish for the couple and tie it on the tree.  On the other side of the entrance was a table with the guest book.  I didn't happen to get a picture of that....but there's not much to a book and a pen.
 The walkway was lined with luminaries.  All the candles were again the battery operated kind.
 This was the ceremony spot.  They hung mason jars with candles hanging from the tree.
 So beautiful :-)
 The ceremony program.
 The ushers waiting for people to get there.
 The jars along the aisle with more candles.
 The groomsmen waiting to walk out.
 See the bridesmaids by the tree.  The goal was to hide Laura behind the tree so no one would see her.
 All the guys.  
 All the girls.
 After the bride and her father walked past me.  The bouquet flowers matched the bottom of Laura's dress.  Laura told me later that night that I was the first person she saw and she was so happy that I was able to come.

 The guys again....
 ....and the girls again.
 The bride and groom exchanging vows.
 The bride and groom exchanging rings.
 The first kiss that seemed to last forever.
 So cute.
 Mr. and Mrs. Gafken.
 While I was taking pictures of the reception site they were setting up the cupcake cake so I wasn't able to get a picture until after the ceremony.  This was the part that I was most excited about.  Laura had told me about it back in May since she knows how much I love cupcakes.
The bride and groom owl that they decorated themselves.  It was a fun night.  I sat with some of the people that go to Laura's church and we had lots of fun.  The food was pretty good and the cupcakes were great.  I was really glad I was able to go.  Hope you enjoyed the pictures.  Sending you warm wishes and aloha kisses.

2 comments:

mom said...

Very nice wedding. Lots of different ideas than the "normal".
Love Mom

stevenjared0853 said...

Laura & Drew's Wedding was chic and serene. Such a cute theme they had picked!! That outdoor location is also looking amazing!! We too want a garden reception party so have been looking for one of the best event venues in LA within our budget. Can you help regarding it?