CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Snorkeling Shark's Cove

Hello Again,
Tami and I ventured to North Shore during our first day of summer vacation. We stopped at Matsumotos for some shave ice. I got green apple (I always get this one), raspberry and strawberry cream. It was delicious. Then we headed up the shore to Shark's Cove. Don't worry we didn't see any sharks but that's not to say they aren't there. Tami went diving there with HPU's dive club and we have wanted to go snorkeling there for a while but has to wait until the water was calm enough to go.
This is a view from where we had our stuff out to where we snorkeled. We went all the way out to the furthest set of rocks at the horizon. Oh yes, I got to use my new underwater digital camera. I love it. It takes very good pictures in and out of the water which you'll get to see further down.

Tami lead during this snorkeling adventure because I had never been there and she had so she had a better idea of where to go. We found out real fast why its a good thing to have me lead and that is because she swims a lot faster than I do so I was kinda playing catch up the whole time but we still got to see a lot. Anyway back to this picture, Tami swam down to take and picture of me (that she never got) and I took this picture of her.
There were lots of divers there while we were there and one of them almost ran me over too.
We saw 3 turtles while we were there. This was the first one we saw and he came really close so I got some good pictures. This one reminds me of postcards I've seen here.
This was the point that we turned around. We had gone really far off the shoreline but people go out further than this.
I think I had put that this is one of my favorite fish in another blog just because it is so bright and colorful.
School of fish playing follow the leader.
One of the areas of coral we swam around.
There's an all black sea urchin at the bottom of this picture. This is only the second time I've seen them here. Usually the ones we see are black in the middle and have white/off-white spikes.
I like these fish too. This fish is like Gill (a moorish idol) from Finding Nemo.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Sending warm wishes and aloha kisses.

1 comments:

mom said...

Your new camera does take better pictures. Love Mom